Why should you learn Chinese online? Why not? In order to learn Chinese, you need to hear it spoken and practice speaking it, and if you’re reading this article, you in all likelihood don’t have Chinese parents who speak the language naturally at home. Learning Mandarin Chinese online, with both auditory and visual aids, may be the best solution available to you.
Why is hearing Chinese spoken so essential to learning it? In English, words are composed of consonants and vowels. Cat means cat, no matter how you pronounce it. But in Chinese, saying “ma” in one tone of voice means “mother”; in another tone of voice, it means “horse.” By learning online, you can listen to native speakers pronounce phrases accurately, and you have the opportunity to match your tone to theirs.
How do you begin learning Chinese online? Here are five strategies to help you get started.
1. Let your mouse do the shopping! Investigate as many different Chinese language courses as you can find. Make sure to choose one in which the speakers speak Chinese as a native language. And choose a program that offers various approaches to learning online, such as computer games or incentives.
2. Figure out the best time for you to learn Chinese online, and stick to it! It doesn’t matter if you study first thing in the morning or late at night, just as long as you choose a time when you can work uninterrupted and stay alert.
3. Listen to the conversations carefully, and match your accent to that of the native speaker in your program. Accent is vitally important in Chinese, since a fluctuation in tone can change the whole meaning of the word or phrase. Don’t worry about being overheard by your friends or family – in order to learn Mandarin Chinese online, speaking aloud is needed.
4. Try every different learning approach that comes with your online program. Some packages feature member’s forums to answer specific questions, or computer games to build particular skill areas. Even although you may not conceive yourself a “video game” or “social network” person, each feature is designed to help you learn Chinese online, and you may be surprised at how well they work for you.
5. Now that you’re learning Chinese online, practice it offline! Unless you live in a very isolated area, there are likely to be some Chinese speakers living within a sensible distance. Seek them out and talk to them! They’ll be thrilled to hear your earnest attempts to speak their language, and it will do wonders for your conversational skills.
Are you ready to get started? Learning Chinese online can be not only rewarding but fun if you follow these simple tips. Just make sure to choose the perfect program for you and then stick with it. In no time, you’ll be well on your way to learning Mandarin Chinese online!